Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What's old is new.

No . . this lovely magenta dress is not new, actually it's very old! So old that when I bought it from a thrift store is smelled like moth balls, had a questionable stain and a hole in the side. After a good dry cleaning and some patch work, she's good as new! I am in love with the color and matched with my fav TJ Maxx wedges, it was a perfect wear for this 80 degree day! I decided, post the shopping bindge, I am going to start doing some more vintage/thrift shopping (It sounds way cooler saying "vintage"). It takes a little bit longer to shop and the items may need a good clean after but this entire outfit cost less than $50.00 and I don't know anyone else who owns this little number!

Sidenote: my very hilarious and witty friend Taylor over here at TheDailyTay - wrote a satirical childrens book with the help of my friend Kammie as the crazy talented illustrator. It would make for a great babyshower gift/gift for the new aunt drinking her version of the party punch!  http://www.abottleforyouabottleforme.com/

2 comments: